Monday, August 15, 2011

Funny Stuff

You guys know that I am no fan of the right-wing politics that are often associated with Israel.  Don't get me wrong, I am no self-hating Jew, I want Israel to succeed, but I think it is going about it the wrong way.  So, don't go accusing me of being some Muslim-bashing Jew; this note from Congressman West really made me chuckle.

Apparently West hangs around with some accused Muslim-bashing-fanatics, and the Counsel on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) does not appreciate it.  CAIR asked West to renounce his association with them and he responded with "Nuts."

Note - I am interested to see who Debbie Wasserman-Schultz (West's nemesis) is hanging around with in the pro-Israel crowd.

Here is West's response:


No long explanations from West - just go F-yourself.

I love the response because it is so A-Political - the guy is basically saying: 'I will hang out with whomever I want to, and I don't have to explain myself to anybody.'  He is certainly willing to stand by his convictions, even if it means buddying up with accused Islamophobes - people that are probably better left in the company of Anders Breivik - but hey, at least West won't be accused of being a fair weather friend!

Stole the story from Pulp.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If he was my next door neighbor, you're right, he owes no one an explanation. But, as an elected public servant, his letter shows the lack of judgment for which he is well known.

Anonymous said...

This blog sucks!